Ange has been obsessed with the bike riding culture of Paris since we arrived - almost everywhere you look someone is on a bike.Lots of people use the bike hire system here called Velib - I think they have something similar in Melbourne but the one here is a lot easier to use. So this afternoon, Angella convinced me to go for a bike ride. We have taken out a 7 day hire which allows us to pick up a bike at any of the bike station around Paris for the week. Went for a quick ride around our neighbourhood this afternoon - the weather is absolutely perfect and the return ride was downhill so it was not too much effort for me. I think Angella is hoping that will do all our sightseeing by bike, but not sure I am fit enough for that!
Here's a picture of the bike station just around the corner from our apartment:
No comments:
Post a Comment